Pet Wellness Care & Vaccinations
Our team of compassionate and knowledgeable veterinarians and staff offer a specialized approach by creating a comprehensive customized wellness plan tailored to the unique health of your pet.
Your customized wellness plan will consider all aspects of pet health and safety, such as:
- Physical health
- Dental care
- Pet nutrition
- Spaying or neutering
- Worm treatment
- Parasite treatment
- Pet grooming
- Dog training
The wellness exam provides a baseline of health characteristics, which can speed the identification of any future health concerns. Each visit is administered in an advanced medical setting by our nurturing and highly skilled veterinary team. Each wellness exam includes the following:
- Physical exam—We will look at your pet’s eyes, ears, and skin and check the cardiovascular, neurological, gastrointestinal, and skeletal systems for any abnormalities.
- Laboratory testing—We will perform blood and/or urine tests as necessary to check your pet’s kidneys, liver, pancreas, and endocrine system, including the thyroid.
- Dental check—We will examine your pet’s teeth and gums to look for any potential problems and make dental care recommendations to best care for your pet.
Vaccinations are an important part of your pet’s wellness program. Burloak Animal Hospital focuses on creating customized vaccination protocols to ensure the proper vaccination type and schedule for your pet based on age and lifestyle. This allows your pet to receive the maximum benefit from the vaccinations without the unnecessary and potentially harmful effects of overvaccinating.
We offer vaccination protocols for all pets including:
- Puppy care—6 to 16 weeks of age
- Kitten care—6 to 16 weeks of age
- Adult canine and feline care
- Senior canine and feline care
Contact us to schedule an appointment or discuss any questions or concerns.