Emergency Veterinary Care For Your Pets
Burloak Animal Hospital provides emergency services for dogs, cats, birds, rabbits and exotics. Our highly skilled veterinarians and staff will provide your pet with the best possible emergency medical and surgical care.
Have An After Hours Emergency?
Contact Mississauga Oakville Veterinary Emergency Hospital
We are proud to offer technologically advanced digital X-rays, laser surgery, and onsite lab diagnostics, which allow us to rapidly respond to a medical emergency and achieve the best possible outcome for your pet.
If your pet receives emergency medical treatment from another emergency hospital, please let us know. We are committed to keeping your pet healthy, and post-emergency follow-up care can be performed by our office regardless of the emergency hospital used to treat the trauma. We will collect the medical records from the emergency hospital for you, so we can keep a complete medical history for your pet.
Signs of a Potential Emergency
Animals have a natural tendency to hide their injuries and acute illness. Seeking immediate medical attention if you suspect an injury provides your pet with the best opportunity to have a positive outcome from their trauma. Delays in seeking medical attention can result in life-threatening consequences or death. It is strongly recommended that you seek emergency care if your pet is experiencing any of the following:
- Accident or injury—Hit by a vehicle, a physical confrontation with another animal, or a great fall
- Bleeding—From an injury or in the urine or feces
- Poisoning or ingestion—Chewed or swallowed a hazardous chemical, plant, chocolates, medication or foreign object (i.e., toys, keys, rocks, etc.)
- Diarrhea/vomiting—Repeated or severe diarrhea or vomiting
- Respiratory difficulties—Repeated coughing, shallow or laboured breathing, or choking
- Behavioural changes—Pacing, aggression, whimpering, sleep changes, or withdrawal from normal activities
- Dietary changes—Loss of appetite or increased urination
After-Hours Emergency Care
Burloak Animal Hospital is open:
Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
In the event of an after-hours emergency, please contact:
Mississauga Oakville Veterinary Emergency Hospital
2285 Bristol Circle, Oakville, Ontario L6H 6P8
Phone: (905) 829-9444
Fax: (905) 829-9646
Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays
For Exotic Pets Emergency:
404 Veterinary Emergency Hospital
510 Harry Walker Pkwy S, Newmarket, ON L3Y 0B3